What is the Difference Between a Room Charge and Minimum Spend for Instant Book?
When setting up Instant Book for your account, you will notice the options to enter a Room Charge as well as a Minimum Spend for each room. Below outlines the difference between the two:
- A flat fee you charge your guests for the use of a particular room at your venue.
- The Room Charge cannot be customized for each day of the week or timeframe. It remains the same for all options.
- The Room Charge can be customized and differ for each room option.
- The required amount your guest must spend on the entirety of their event. You may customize in your settings which charge categories apply towards the minimum. By Gather default, menus with a 'Food & Beverage' and 'Liquor' tag are calculated towards this amount automatically. You may wish to apply the Room Charge towards the minimum spend.
- The Minimum Spend is customizable for each room, day of the week and timeframe. For example, you may require a minimum spend of $1000 on Friday and Saturday nights, and a minimum spend of $500 on weekdays. Or perhaps you would like to require a higher minimum in the evenings vs. daytime.