How Do I Set Up My Authorize.net Integration?
Gather is excited to now integrate with Authorize.net for processing payments and storing credit cards on file! To get started, please contact Gather Support at 844-428-4374 so we can walk through the below steps together. If you feel comfortable setting this up on your own, please send over the information in Step 1 so we can activate the integration on Gather's end.
Note: Gather cannot accept international payments through the Authorize.net integration. For further information, please reach out to our support team at email@example.com
1. Gather will need an Authorize.net API Login ID and an Authorize.net Transaction key. HERE are step by step directions for locating that information.
Note: you will be required to have the answer to your security question in order to complete Step 1
2. Turn on the Customer Information Manager if your company has not done so already. Steps for doing so can be found HERE.
3. The next step is to make sure that the correct payment form fields are selected. Authorize.net allows users to choose what fields are required, and our integration does not support all of the fields available. See steps below:
- Click Account
- Click Settings (should be pre-selected)
- Click Payment Form
- Click Form Fields and you should see a required column
- Uncheck all fields
4 . The final step is to make sure your account is not in "Test Mode", but in "Active Mode". See steps below to confirm:
- Log into http://account.authorize.net.
- After logging in, scroll down on the home page and find your Account Settings on the left hand side. Click the “Settings” link.
- Scroll down and find “General Settings”. Underneath General Settings, click on “Test Mode”.
- You will see “This account is currently in: Test Mode”
- Click the button to put your account into live mode and your Authorize.net account will be ready to process transactions.
Once you have contacted Gather Support to finalize the integration set-up, we recommend processing a test payment to ensure everything is working as expected.
Please Note: Authorize.net transactions tend to have a slower response time. If it appears that processing has timed out, please refresh your webpage to ensure the transaction has successfully processed.
Refunds: Auth.net does not allow for refunds on transactions that are still pending (i.e have not yet settled), transactions that have already been refunded, or transactions that are outside the 120 days allowed to issue a refund.