How Do I Create a Menu Template?
Are you frequently sending your clients the same Menu options or setting up similar packages for different Events? That's where Gather's Menu Templates come in to help!
Note: Only Users with Company Owner or Admin access to Gather are able to create Menu Templates.
As a Company Owner or Admin, you can create and store Menu Templates for the Locations that you have access to. You and your team (those with Edit privileges in Gather) can then use these Menu Templates when creating individual events. Let's walk through the process of creating a Menu Template!
1. Click on your name in the upper right-hand corner of Gather, and select 'Settings' in the drop-down menu.
2. Select the Menus tab on the left sidebar.
3. Click 'Create New Menu' in the upper right-hand corner to get started!
4. Name your Menu and select a Charge Category. Then, click 'Next.'
The Charge Category selected will dictate how fees, gratuity, and taxes apply to your Menu. Gather will default with the taxes as follows:
- Food & Beverage Menus are taxed at your base tax rate
- Liquor Menus are taxed at your liquor tax rate
- Other categories listed are customizable based on your Financial Settings
All fees, gratuity, and taxes can be edited within your Default Financials
5. Select a Menu Setup: Per Person, Hourly, A la Carte, or Charge
6. Assign the Location(s) that apply to this Menu on the right side of the page.
7. Start building your Menu Template!
- Click 'Add New Section' to denote a particular heading (Entrees, Room Rates, etc).
- Click 'Add New Item' to add menu items. If you have used a menu item in a previous Menu, Gather will recognize it and auto-populate the item & its description.
- Click 'Add New Subsection' to create a separate section under the original menu section.
- Note: Subsections may not appear on all documents.
- Use the 'Description' box underneath each Section, Subsection, and Item to include extra information.
- When complete, click 'Save Menu' in the upper right-hand corner.
8. Hover over any Section, Subsection or Item to view the arrow toggle and trashcan. Use the arrow toggle to move an entry into a different place within the Menu. Delete any entry altogether by clicking the red trashcan.
9. When you create a Food and Beverage or Liquor Menu Template, it will automatically apply to the Minimum Spend within the Booking's Financial Walkdown.
Note: All Menus created in the Food & Beverage or Liquor Charge Categories will be added in the Menus section of your Event Summary. All other menus in all other charge categories will be added from the Other Charges section of the Event Summary
Related Articles:How Do I Edit a Menu Template?
Breaking Down the Menu Pricing Setups: Per Person, Hourly, A La Carte, & Charge
How Do I Add Menus or Charges to a Booking?