How Do I Edit My Default Taxes and Fees?
With Company Owner or Admin access at your location, you have the freedom to customize the default financials that will apply to every booking moving forward! This is also how you will be able to update any changes to taxes that your city or state makes as well. Here's how:
1. Click on your name in the upper right-hand corner of Gather, and select 'Settings' in the drop-down menu.
2. By default, you will be taken to the 'Locations' portion of your Settings. Select the necessary location from this list.
3. Navigate to the 'Financials' tab of your location.
4. To edit one of your taxes or percentage-based fees, click the pencil icon on the far right-hand side.
5. Now you can then adjust any of the following fields for your tax or percentage-based fee:
- The tax or fee label
- The percentage
- The charge categories - for example, should this tax apply to Food & Beverage, Liquor, etc.?
6. Make sure to click 'Save' in the bottom right-hand corner.
7. If you are looking to have more than two taxes available for your venue, please reach out to our Support team to create these for you!
Note: As soon as you save these updated default financials, all newly created bookings from this point forward will reflect this update automatically! If you need to apply these changes to any existing bookings in your account, Company Owners and Admins have the ability to update Financial Settings within those bookings.