How Can I Report Using Booking Status?
Bookings by Status
Sales Pipeline Report
Visualize your sales pipeline with the Booking by Status report. Filter by event date to report on upcoming bookings within goal period (month, quarter, year). Include all statuses except canceled - these are events that we still reasonably expect to execute.
Ideally, more opportunity at the top of the funnel (prospect) in the beginning of a month/quarter/year, moving towards more revenue at the bottom (closed) at end of period.
- Closed revenue in future months should raise red flags, as only past events should only be in the status of closed or canceled - anything needs investigating!
- Your pipeline depends on everyone consistently using the same statuses for Bookings!
- Lots of prospective opportunity means we need to get contracts out, lots of tentative means we need signatures & deposits, Lots of Confirmed means revenue!
Booking by Owner
Closed Revenue Report
Use the Booking by Owner report to see which salesperson is adding the most revenue to your bottom line, day by day, in a given week. Filter by event date to report on bookings that were executed (revenue generated) in the past 7 days.
Only report on closed bookings - these are events that we know were executed and generated revenue. By selecting ‘Grand Total (Actual)’, you will see the closed value of the event, including tax, tip & gratuity. Use ‘Total Charges (Actual)’ to see contract value minus tax, tip & gratuity.
- ‘Actual’ revenue will only be reported if salespeople close a booking. Closing bookings is crucial for accurate reporting - learn more HERE!
- Break down large goals into weekly chunks to give team members a target to shoot for!
- Are there trends related to Opportunity Generation and Closed Revenue?
Opportunity Generation Report
You can also use the Booking by Owner report to see how much opportunity a salesperson is generating, day by day, in a given week. Filter by created date to report on bookings that were created (contracts generated/sent) in the past 7 days.
Only filter by prospect, tentative and confirmed status to ensure that you are only accounting for events that have the opportunity to generate revenue. By selecting ‘Grand Total (Actual)’, you will see the closed value of the event, including tax, tip & gratuity. Use ‘Total Charges (Actual)’ to see contract value minus tax, tip & gratuity.
- Make sure salespeople are applying menus or minimums to generate opportunity value!
- Are there trends related to lead conversion and opportunity generation?
- Set goals for weekly opportunity generation or set a goal of no $0.00 days for motivation & team competition!
Check out 'Close Bookings to Evaluate Sales Trends and Track Performance' article next!