Why is Closing Bookings Important for Utilizing Reports?
Now that your team has been consistently updating information and closing out all completed events, you can start utilizing Gather reports! Reporting can help you evaluate trending sales metrics, giving you the power to make important decisions about your events program.
Reporting allows you to see where you’re excelling, and where you should focus more energy. The Sales Summary is a great way to view sales trends month over month or quarter over quarter. Filter by the Closed Status and Add up the Grand Total (Actual) to get an accurate picture of Trailing Sales trends. You can even Show Prior Year to view how the current sales compare to the previous year!
- What are our busiest months? Slowest months? How can we bring in more revenue during those slower times?
- Did we implement new strategies last quarter? Have these improved our overall revenue?
Today we are going to focus on two specific Detailed Reports which can help you track performance using the actual total amounts entered when closing your event!
With the Bookings by Location and Bookings by Owner Detailed Reports you can track performance using actual sales revenue. Below are just a few questions you can answer with these reports:
- Which locations are performing the best?
- What salesperson is bringing in the most revenue?
- Are there trends related to Opportunity Generation and Closed Revenue?