How Do I Convert a Lead to a Booking?
Once you've received confirmation from a lead that they would like to move forward with their event, you will need to convert this lead to a booking in order to block off the time on your calendar and to send them a proposal. Follow the steps below to do so:
1. Navigate to the 'Leads' tab and select the lead you'd like to convert to a booking from the list.
2. Click 'Convert to Booking' in the upper right-hand corner of the lead.
3. Fill out the 'Booking Details' and click the blue 'Next' button in the upper right-hand corner when complete.
4. Check for conflicts to prevent double-booking your venue.
5. Assign a 'Primary Contact'. If this is a brand new contact, click ‘New Contact.’Note: As soon as you start typing a name here, Gather searches through your existing contact database to see if you have any possible matches. Click on any of the suggestions to assign that Contact.
Gather automatically fills in the Contact information from the original Lead. Make any desired edits or additions, and click 'Create.'
6. Once the 'Primary Contact' has been assigned, click 'Next' in the upper right-hand corner.
7. Confirm & Save. This is the last stage before your lead officially becomes a booking! Click 'Save' to seal the deal!
All Details, Notes, and Messages will automatically pull over from the original lead to the converted Booking. Just make sure to enter the required fields: Status, Event Date, Location, Room and Event Owner to complete converting your lead to a booking!