How Does Messaging in Gather Work?
Sending messages in Gather is a great way to keep track of all communication with your guests!
Here's how it works:
- Send a message through the 'Messages' tab within the Gather Lead or Booking.
- The message will automatically appear in the Gather Messages tab of the Lead or Booking.
- When the client responds from their inbox, their response will be displayed in the Messages tab. You will also receive their response to your email inbox (i.e Gmail, Outlook, etc.).
- You are then able to reply directly from your personal email inbox (i.e Gmail, Outlook, etc.) or navigate back to the Booking or Lead and simply click 'Reply' to send a follow up messages in the same thread.
- The Message Status (Delivered, Opened, Bounced or Inactive) will be listed in the bottom left corner of the message.
Note: To view additional Message Status details, hover your mouse over the status in the bottom left corner of the message within Gather
Remember that as long as the first message to the guest is sent directly through Gather, then all subsequent emails in that particular thread will be logged in the Gather Booking or Lead.
Using the 'Send Message' button in the Messages tab creates a brand new email thread with that client.