How Do I Close a Booking?
Congratulations! You've booked an event from start to finish in Gather, and it was a success! Now it's time to close it out!
Since a booking's financials are only an estimate before the event occurs, closing out a booking will allow you to make note of the amount that was actually spent during the event! That way, you can reconcile your financials on a booking by booking basis and keep track of comprehensive booking information that you will see immediately reflected in your Gather reports.
Follow the steps below to learn how to close a booking:
1. Select the booking you want to close. Once in the booking, click into the Financials tab.
2. Click the blue 'Close Booking' button in the upper righthand corner.
3. In the pop-up box, enter your Actuals for the event's Total Charges, Grand Total, and Guest Count.Note: Total Charges refers to the amount on the Financial Walk-down that includes F&B Estimate, Liquor Estimate, Other Charges Estimate and the Remaining Minimum (essentially, everything except Service, Gratuity, Tax, and Other Fees). The number you enter in for the 'Total Charges Actual' field will be what you spent on these categories.
Note: The Grand Total refers to the Total Charges, plus Service, Gratuity, Tax, and Other Fees (essentially, everything after the Total Charges). The number that you choose to enter as an 'Actual' for the 'Grand Total' field will reflect what was actually spent on these categories.
4. There is also a field for POS Check # in case you collected the event balance in-house through your POS system and would like to log this information in Gather to reflect in your reports.
5. Now that you've closed out your booking, the financials page will display a new 'Actual' column that appears to the left of the 'Estimate' column.
Two things will happen once your event has been Closed:
- The status of the event will automatically change to 'Closed' (this status can always be changed back if needed).
- You'll be able to see these Actuals reflected in your Gather reports.
Need to go back to make changes to those Actuals after closing the event? Click 'Edit Financials' in the upper righthand corner of the 'Financials' tab, update the information, then 'Save Financials'!