How Do I Add a Cancellation Reason to a Booking?
Have an event in Gather that isn't going to move forward? Gather recently released an update that allows you to track cancellation reasons for these type of events.
To track the reason, follow the simple steps below:
1. From the Details section of the Booking, click 'Edit Booking' in the righthand corner.
2. From the Status drop-down menu, select 'Canceled'
3. Upon saving the event by clicking 'Save Booking' in the righthand corner, a window will appear requesting a Cancellation Reason as seen and listed below:
- Lost business: Pricing
- Lost business: Competitor
- Lost business: Communication Timeliness
- Lost business: Inadequate Amenities
- Guest: No response from guest
- Guest: Canceled by guest
- Information request only
- Date/time not available
- Party size
- Duplicate lead/Customer error
- Not private event request
- Fully Private Space Required
- Other (Notes Required)
Note: The Cancellation Reason field is always required, while Cancellation Notes are optional UNLESS 'Other' is selected as the Cancellation Reason.
Canceled Bookings will remain on your list from the Bookings tab, however, they will automatically be removed from the Calendar and any Reports. You may choose to apply a Status filter to view Canceled Bookings on the Calendar and on Reports.