How Do I Edit the Policy for an Individual Booking?
Need to make changes to your Policies for a specific booking? You can now edit default policies on a per booking basis, providing the ability to add or delete clauses, change fees or percentages or add special requests.
Note: This feature does not edit/update default policy settings, it only makes changes within individual bookings.
1. Navigate to the Booking Details page of the specific booking you would like to edit.
2. Select ‘Edit Policy’ located on the right-hand side of the screen below the ‘Request Approval’ and ‘Send Preview’ buttons:
3. A ‘Policy Preview’ screen will appear, showing the default policy assigned to the room selected for this Booking. This is where you can edit the Booking’s policy. Some common changes made include:
- Edit the Room's existing default policy, such as removing a clause
- Switch out the Room's default policy with another saved Policy Template using the ‘Select a Template’ drop down menu
4. As a best practice, we recommend editing the Policy Title to reflect that a Custom Policy is being used after making edit to the default policy.
5. Once all edits/updates have been made, press the ‘Save Custom Policy’ button at the top right of the Policy Preview:
6. The changes made will automatically update in your Contract under Automatic Documents and the Proposal found in the Event Portal.
Once your guest has approved the proposal, the option to Edit Policy is no longer available. If any additional edits need to be made to the policies receiving approval you will have to reopen the proposal.