How Do I Create an Auto-Responder for My Lead Form?
With the Gather lead form implemented on your website, you have the option to enable an auto-responder in your account so any lead who inquires automatically receives a canned email response right away. The auto-responder is useful in the following scenarios:
- As a confirmation to your potential client that the inquiry was received.
- As a request for your potential guest to review menus and pricing information.
- To provide an expected response time.
- As an informational "We're out of the office, and will be replying to inquiries when we return".
Note: If your guest replies to the Auto-Responder message, you WILL NOT receive the message in your inbox since the autoresponder is not linked directly to your email address. We do recommend that you continue to reach out to your guests directly as new leads come through to Gather.
Note: In order for the Auto-Responder to send, you must have at least one user set up to receive Lead Notifications .
Follow the steps below to learn how to activate this in your account:
- Navigate to 'Settings' by clicking on your name in the righthand corner.
- Click into the location you would like to enable an auto-responder for.
- Select the 'Lead Form' tab.
- Click 'Edit Lead Settings'. Ensure at least one user is set up to receive Lead Notifications.
- Scroll down to the 'Auto-Responder Message' section.
- From here, check the box next to 'Message Enabled', enter the message text of your choice, and add any attachments you would like to include, such as menus, images of your event spaces or sales kit.
- Scroll back to the top of this page and be sure to click 'Save Lead Settings' to fully activate this feature!