How Do I Pull a Sales Projection Report?
Need to project your future revenue streams? Gather makes it easy! Sales forecasting can help your team to plan for the upcoming months or year, for example, allowing marketing teams to see if a future dip in sales could benefit from promotional offers. To pull a Sales Forecast Report, follow the steps below:
- Click on the 'Reports' tab at the top of the page.
- Click on the 'Bookings By Status' Report found in the middle of the page.
- Change the Event Date Status to Next 12 Months. Include all Statuses, except Closed and Canceled.
- Select desired financial data by clicking on the 'Add up the ________ ' option in the upper left-hand corner of the report. We recommend using Grand Total or Total Charges, so you can forecast post or pre-tax revenue.
- Grand Total: Grand Total shows the financial total for all items in the Event Summary, inclusive of any fees, taxes, and gratuity.
- Total Charges: This aggregates the financial total for each event based on their menus within the Event Summary.
- With all your filters set, you can now look at projected revenue for each status.
- Confirmed: Incoming revenue likely to come to fruition.
- Tentative: What can the team do to move this to Confirmed Revenue? Are we waiting on a deposit or Contract signature
- Prospect: What can the team do to move this to Confirmed Revenue? Do we need to send out initial proposals?
- Use the 'Download Report' button to export to Excel! Save this file to your desktop and email or print this out for your team as needed!
Note: For accurate reporting, ensure Event Summary information is being completed by your team.