How Do I Add Custom Fees & Discounts To a Booking?
Need to apply a Custom Fee or Discount to your Event? You can do so easily within the Event Summary!
1. Click the Event Summary tab at the top of the Booking to start.
2. Click 'Edit Event Summary' in the upper right-hand corner.
3. On the right side of the Event Summary, there is one button that contains the Custom Fees and Discounts.
4. Name your Discount, select a Category and enter the Amount you would like to deduct.
- Choose Fees Pre-tax for the items that need to be taxed, and Fees Post-tax for those that do not need to be taxed.
- Choose Discounts Pre-Tax when you need the discount to apply to the corresponding Total Charges line on the financial walkdown. This amount includes the F&B Estimate, Liquor Estimate, Other Charges Estimate and Remaining Minimum.
Note: Discounts Pre-Tax will only be applied to Food & Beverage, Liquor, Other Charges and Other Liquor charge categories. If one of these charge categories is not present in the event summary, you will need to use the Discount Post-Tax Category!
- Choose Discounts Post-Tax when you need the discount to apply to the corresponding Grand Total line on the financial walkdown. This amount includes the Total Charges plus Service, Gratuity, Tax and any additional fees underneath the Total Charges.
*Please note that taxing will need to be set-up accordingly within your default financials settings.
5. Click 'Save Event Summary' in the upper right to lock the Discount/Fee in!
After saving your Discount or Fee, the Financials will automatically update based on the Custom Fee(s)/Discounts that you just applied. The line called Fees Pre-Tax or Fees Post-Tax contains the Custom Fees. Discounts will be shown similarly.
Note: Since Gather updates in real time, all related Booking documents (BEO, Invoice, Proposal, etc) will automatically show Custom Fees!
BEO and Invoice:
Related ArticlesHow Do I Add Menus or Charges to a Booking?
How Do I Create a New Menu in My Booking's Event Summary?