How Do I Add a Discount to a Booking?
1. Click the Event Summary tab at the top of the Booking to start.
2. Click 'Edit Event Summary' in the upper right-hand corner.
3. On the right side of the page, click the 'Add Custom' button, name your Discount, select a Category (Discounts Pre-Tax or Discounts Post-Tax), and enter the amount you would like to deduct.
Note: Choose Discounts Pre-Tax when you need the discount to apply to the corresponding Total Charges line on the Financial Walkdown. This amount will only be applied to Food & Beverage, Liquor, Other Charges and Other Liquor charge categories. If one of these charge categories is not present in the Event Summary, you will need to use the Discount Post-Tax Category!
Note: Choose Discounts Post-Tax when you need the discount to apply to the corresponding Grand Total line on the financial walkdown. This amount includes the Total Charges plus Service, Gratuity, Tax and any additional fees underneath the Total Charges.
4. Click 'Save Event Summary' in the upper right to lock the Discount in!
5. The Financials tab will automatically update based on the Discount(s) that you just entered.
Note: Since Gather updates in real time the BEO, Invoice, Proposal, etc. will automatically show this Discount!
BEO and Invoice: