How Do I Create a New Menu in My Booking's Event Summary?
If there are no existing Menus to choose from when editing your Event Summary or if you do not want to use any of your available Menus, the 'Create a New Menu' option will automatically appear for Edit and Admin users! Use this option when you would like to create a one-time menu or charge that does not need to be added to your Menus in Settings by following the steps below:
Note: Once these Menus or Charges are created, they will not be saved in your Settings to be available for other bookings at the same location.
1. Navigate to the 'Event Summary' tab inside the Event that you would like to edit. Click 'Edit Event Summary'. Select if you would like to 'Add Menu' or 'Add Charge' on the right-hand side.
2. From the pop-up that appears, click 'Create a New Menu' at the bottom.
3. Name your Menu and select a Category. Then, click 'Next.'
4. Select a Menu Setup: Per Person, Hourly or A la Carte.
Note: When adding a menu to the 'Other Charges' section, you will be given a 4th pricing set-up option, 'Charge'. To find out more about each of pricing option click HERE (menus category of settings)
5. Start building your New Menu!
- Click 'Add New Section' to denote a particular heading (Entrees, Room Rates, etc).
- Click 'Add New Item' to add menu items. If you have used a menu item in a previous menu, Gather will recognize it and auto-populate the item & its description.
- Click 'Add New Subsection' to create a separate section under the original menu section.
- Use the 'Description' box underneath each Section, Subsection, and Item to include extra information.
- If needed, hover over any Section, Subsection or Item to view the arrow toggle and trashcan. Use the arrow toggle to move an entry into a different place within the menu. Delete any entry altogether by clicking the red trashcan.