How Do I Add an Event Note?
Sometimes you need to make a note of something -- a specific client request, an event timeline, etc. -- that doesn't perfectly fit into one of the existing fields in Gather. For this information, we recommend using Event Notes! It's an easy way to communicate information to your staff and customer(s).
Note: These notes appear on the guest-facing Proposal & Event Summary, as well as the BEO and Chef BEO Documents. Any note you'd prefer your guest doesn't see, use the Internal Note category!
Add an Event Note to your booking in just a few steps:
1. From inside the Booking, scroll down to the 'Event Notes' section.
2. Click the plus symbol in the top right corner of the Event Notes box. If you don't see this, you might be in 'Edit' mode. Make sure you Cancel or Save to see that plus sign!
3. Select a Note Category from the existing drop-down list.
4. Type your note in the text box.
Note: There is no limit to how much type fits here! Customize with bolding, italicizing, and/or underlining. Click 'Save' when complete.
5. Need to edit an existing note or add additional information to the Category? You can do so by clicking the pencil icon, or click the 3-dot symbol to delete it. Both are located to the right of each individual Event Note!
Note: Once you've saved a note, you will need to edit it in order to add more notes to that given category.
Here's a look at the Event Notes auto-populating on the Event Summary (BEO) and Proposal:
Event Summary (BEO):
Note: We do not recommend copying and pasting information into Event Notes as it may affect the formatting of the Event Notes on your Documents.