How Do I Create a Booking?
If you need to create a new Booking without entering the information into a Lead first, you can use the 'Create New Booking' button in the upper right-hand corner of the Homepage, Calendar, or Bookings tab to hop right into quick booking creation!
1. Press the 'Create New Booking' button from one of the three locations in Gather:
- Homepage: Under the 'Actions' drop-down
- Calendar tab: Top right corner and within the calendar itself
- Bookings tab: Top right corner
2. Once the 'New Booking' page opens, enter the Booking Details.
Note : Fields with the red star designate the required fields (Event Name, Date, Location, Rooms, Owner).
- Event Name: The Event Name is the name of the Event. This is what shows on the Calendar.
- Guest Count: Designate estimated versus guaranteed guests.
- Event Date: Click on the month or the year for drop downs that will allow you to book further into the future! The left and right arrows also grant quick access to past or future months.
- Start & End Time: Plug in your start time and end time for the event by scrolling through the times OR typing inside the box to narrow down your selections.
Note: You can leave field this blank, but an event with no start time will not display on your Google Calendar (should you choose to utilize this integration).
- Designate the Status: Give this booking a Status so that you and your team know where it stands in the event process.
- Location & Room(s): If the guest books multiple spaces, continue to click on the 'Select a Room' boxes to select as many rooms as needed!
Note: The first room chosen is the one that Gather uses to pull the Policy for the event.
- Booking Owner: The Booking Owner is the main point of contact with the client during the booking process. This is the person who will receive all email notifications about this Event -- from Proposal approvals to Payments received. Outgoing messages sent to your guest through Gather will be sent from the person logged into Gather at that time when the message is sent out.
3. Choose Contact Information.
- Primary Contact: Your Primary Contact is the person who will be signing the Contract or approving the Proposal. If this is a brand new Contact, click 'New Contact' and enter their detailed information. Once created, this Contact & its Account are officially in the system! Their information plus past and future events are stored in Gather for you indefinitely!
Note: Gather will automatically remember Contacts that you have worked with previously, saving you time from having to retype their information. Begin typing the guest's name to see if they are already in the system. You'll see Gather provide suggestions as you type like below. Click on the name to assign it to the Primary Contact.
- Onsite Contact: Designate an Onsite Contact if your Primary Contact won't be present for the event. Assigning this person is the exact same as assigning the Primary Contact! Either search to see if they're already in the system, or click 'New Contact'.
- Accounts in Gather are equivalent to Companies. When you reach the 'Account' field, search to see if the Account already exists in Gather. If it doesn't, click 'New Account' to create a brand new one to associate with this Contact.
4. Press 'Create Booking' in the upper-right to save this Booking and officially add it to your Calendar!
Note: After pressing the 'Create Booking' button, the Conflict Checker will automatically alert you if there is already another Booking scheduled for this date and time in the Location and Room of the new event you are creating.