What Information Can I See on the Calendar?
1. By default, the Calendar displays events highlighted by Status. However, you also have the option of switching the events to be highlighted by Location or Room. This can be toggled on the right side of the Calendar page.
Note: Closed and Canceled Bookings are not included in the default Calendar view.
2. When clicking on an individual event from the Calendar, you'll get a quick at-a-glance view of the event: Date & Time, Status, Location & Room, Guest Count, Total Charges Estimate and Main Contact. Click 'Booking Details' to head straight to the event for more detail, or click 'Print BEO' to open the printable BEO document.
Both buttons open up a page inside of a new tab in your browser, allowing your Calendar to remain open in its own tab to refer back to when needed!
Now, let's look at all of the different ways you can look at your Calendar!
3. You've got a choice between a Month, Week, 3-Day, and Day Calendar views!
- The Month View is the default Calendar view. Use the arrows in the upper left to toggle between different months here!
- The Week View offers a look at the week's events from Sunday to Saturday, separated out by rooms. Use the same arrows in the upper left to move from week to week! The 'Booked' vs. 'All' buttons allow you to switch the view between only booked rooms vs. all rooms.
- The 3-Day View focuses in specifically on the 3-day span of today, plus the following 2 days. Use the arrows in the upper left to move into the upcoming 3-day span. Same as above, the 'Booked' vs. 'All' buttons allow you to switch the view between only booked rooms vs. all rooms.
- The Day View shows a single day, broken down by the hour. Use the calendar on the righthand side of the page to select which day you would like to view.
4. Filters are a great way to make your Calendar view even more helpful!
Click the blue 'Filter' button to the left of the Calendar to pull out the Calendar Filtering options. You can filter by Locations, Owners, and Statuses. You also have the option to hide Calendar Notes under the 'Calendar Options' section.
Filter by Location helps to narrow down your Calendar view if you have more than one Location in Gather, and you'd like to take a look at their events separately! Just click the Location(s) you'd like to see. Further filter by clicking 'Rooms' next to a Location.
Select the individual Rooms for your preferred Calendar view:
- Filter by Owner is helpful when you want to only see the events of specific staff members on your Calendar! Remember that when a Booking is created, one 'Owner', or Gather user, must be chosen.
Choose as many Owners when filtering as necessary, and click 'Save'
- Filter by Status is the way to narrow down your Calendar view based on the current statuses of your events. Choose as many different statuses as needed!
For instance, use the Status filter to see only the Confirmed and Tentative events for this month.
The Calendar automatically filters by Prospect, Tentative, Confirmed, Closed and None as soon as you click to open it. To change your view, click the blue 'Filter' button on the left & edit the Statuses manually.